Saturday, June 20, 2009

Eric Crozier

The signing of Eric Crozier by the Baltimore Orioles is bittersweet for me. While I am incredibly proud of everything he has accomplished this season and proud of him for making it back to affiliated ball, I am saddened to see him leave the Blue Crabs.

Over the past season and a half I have had a chance to get to know Eric as a player and a friend. He has always been a gentleman both on the field and off. He was always working to improve his swing and to be the best he could be on the field. Eric would always take the time to talk to the fans and sign anything you asked him to. This year for him has been one of his best, hitting .314, slugging .549 and an on base percentage of .400 in 50 games. He amassed 175 at bats with 55 hits and 30 runs. He had 13 doubles, 2 triples and 8 homeruns. He brought in 24 runs, walked 25 times and struck out 37 times. But Eric has always been a man of more then just his stats.

As a person, Eric could always be counted on. There were several times throughout the off-season that I was able to get in contact with him and get his help for my college classes. He gladly offered quotes for me to use in my paper and I will always be grateful for that. Before and after every game I could count on a hug from him to wish him luck or congratulate him on yet another stellar performance. I will surely miss seeing him everyday, but I happy to see him working his way back to the Majors. I will do my best to keep the readers of this blog and his fans up to date on his stats from the Bowie Baysox. Again I wish him the best of luck in this and all his endeavors.

No comments:

Post a Comment